Your sales associates, store managers, and cashiers do different jobs, so
give your employees the information and tools they need to be most
productive in their roles and to help your business succeed. Microsoft
Dynamics POS 2009 provides a role-based experience to help your
employees do their jobs efficiently and to provide customers with
Dynamics POS 2009 provides powerful wizards to set up your retail
solution in a way that works for your business and your employees
without professional IT staff. During setup, an employee can customize
the screen to suit a particular role. Convenient, customizable features
- Function options
- Accommodations for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Display and form layout
- Status alerts
- Fonts, colors, and graphics
Familiar, flexible interface
Help improve your employees' productivity and reduce training with a
familiar, intuitive interface that is highly customizable and optimized
for touch screens.
The touchscreen includes timely customer information such as purchase history and customer information.
Easily customize views and functions for specific roles and employees
- Reduce training time and increase productivity with software that looks and
feels like other Microsoft products and technologies, including
Microsoft Office, Windows Vista, and Windows SharePoint Services
- A graphical user interface and touchscreens make it easy to enter sales
transactions—even the first time an employee uses the system—giving
your employees more time to serve customers accurately and efficiently.
- Sales people can serve customers more effectively with easy navigation and quick access to information and processes
- On-the-job support is at employees' fingertips with built-in access to training tutorials and Help
- Your employees can individualize their user experience based on their own user preferences and work styles.
Your employees can also take advantage of the most up-to-date hardware.
Connect to a wide range of devices, including printers, magnetic swipe
readers (MSRs), PIN pads, scanners, cash drawers, scales, and line
displays with support for industry standards such as OLE for Retail POS
(OPOS) and Microsoft POS for .NET.
Fundamental to your retail business's success is your ability to manage and report
on your inventory. With Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009, you get advanced
and effective inventory management and reporting tools. With these
tools, you can:
- Access, analyze, and share current, detailed data across your entire
business—including multiple store locations—with a wide range of
- Take advantage of Microsoft SQL Server
Reporting Services to create ad-hoc, easy-to-use reports to share
across your organization as well as advanced reporting options, such as
inline search, reporting across multiple datasets, and data export to
Microsoft Office Excel or Adobe Acrobat.
- Use a powerful search capability to bring valuable reports and inventory data
to the cashier view for enhanced productivity and customer service.
- Schedule replenishment precisely and fill demand to meet individual store needs
with visibility into current inventory and your supply chain.
- Help achieve higher inventory turns and gross margin return on investment
(GMROI) while you reduce costs in the supply chain by managing
inventory detail. Filter item data by using groups of characteristics
such as style, color, and size, and make changes in real time to
inventory levels, pricing, and discounts
- Connect sales information to your supply chain for more efficient management of
product life cycles by using integrated processes that help you
optimize stock levels at stores and distribution centers.
Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade to the New Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009
- Improved User Interface on both the Manager and POS sides to allow more intuitive and customizable access.
- Enhanced PCI-DSS Compliance features include credit
card data encryption, predefined employee roles, and integration with
- Set up as many inventory sub locations as necessary
within the store (i.e., store room, offsite, warehouse, and main
- Easy transfer of products between inventory sub locations with the use of modified reason codes.
- Improved integration to QuickBooks.
- Enhanced special order functionality including detailed customer history and notification of product arrival.
- Advanced reporting features like powerful customization capabilities and graphics.
- Increased functionality for matrix items.
- Store Credits are now easier to issue through the use of vouchers.
- Taxes can be edited on a line item basis rather than only on a transactional basis.
Some Key Benefits of using Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009:
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Drive productivity with a tailored retail solution.
- Respond quickly to changing business demands.
- Maximize store profitability with unique shopping experiences.