A barcode scanner is a piece of equipment that interprets a barcode, deciphers the data, and transfers it to the computer as text. Barcode scanners are devices that are regularly and principally used with many common applications, including Excel spreadsheets, databases, POS software, library applications, and inventory management software.
1. Entry Level - Have a short scanning range
2. Mid Level - best for medium to heavy use.
3. Cordless - Can scan up to 300 ft from a PC; usually use Bluetooth secure wireless technology.
4. General Industrial - Long-range, strong scanners intended for huge industrial use.
5. Omni Directional - 360 degree scanning range; designed for large volume retail.
6. In-Counter and Scale-integrated - 360 degree flatbed scanner; primarily used for grocery applications.
7. Imagers - 2-dimensional barcodes; offer long-range barcode scanning.
8. Pen Style - contact scanning; light use.
There are basic three categories of scanners and they are:
1. Handheld scanners
2. In counter Scanners
3. On Counter Scanners.
The Handheld Scanners are further divided in two categories.
1. Cordless Scanners 2. Corded Scanners.
Some of the major brands manufacturing barcode scanner are Honeywell, POS-X, Datalogic, Motorola, Symbol. At UniquePOS.com, we cater to all major brands of barcode scanners.
POS-X XI3200 Performance Barcode Scanner is a perfect example of a very popular and useful, user friendly corded handheld scanner. It is a prized product of POSX.
The POS-X XI3200 sports a radiant design and is sturdy enough, allowing it to bear and perform even in the worst of conditions. With absolutely no moving parts, rubberized coating and an unbreakable cabling system, the XI3200is the most durable scanner in its class. It has built-in features like redundancy, multiple interfaces and an optional auto-sensing stand make the XI3200 a favorite choice for both retail and industries.
It has following features such as:
1. Survives multiple drops from 6.5’
2. Utility software included within making configuration simple
3. Optional autosense stand so one may do hands free activity
4. Has a reading distance: 1" ~ 8"
5. Ergonomic and light weight. 6. 5 year warranty standard
Another popular scanner is the QuickScan reader series. It is a general purpose handheld data collection product.
The QS6500BT linear imaging reader is the principal performing cordless member of the QuickScan family. It has high end features like Bluetooth wireless technology and a 10 m / 33 ft cordless range. The QS6500BT can do away with the cables that limit operator movement and produce safety concerns in the work location. Optionally, the reader can transmit data to the host through its base station or Bluetooth compliant devices.
For greater productivity, an innovative charging-base station allows the product to scan bar codes even when its battery is getting charged. Deep Sleep Mode provides the choice to program durations of inactivity to additionally save battery power and boost the number of scans between charges. So the barcode scanners and scales has ever since demonstrated their worth in computerizing an efficient functioning in all sorts of commercial segments such as in retail like shopping malls, departmental stores, gas stations, health industry, industrial and civic or public welfare applications. At UniquePOS.com, we are the leading online dealers pf barcode scanner and scales in USA. Contact us now!